The North Central Nebraska Child Abuse Prevention project (NCNCAPP) was organized in March of 2005 to plan and implement child abuse prevention initiatives in Cherry, Brown, Keya Paha, and Rock counties of northern Nebraska.
The major primary prevention initiatives prioritized by the NCNCAPP are:
· Parent Support (Circle of Parents)
· Health Professional training in domestic violence and child maltreatment
· LB1184 Team Training in child maltreatment and domestic violence
· Community Leader Training in child maltreatment and domestic violence
· Comprehensive After-school Programs
Secondary prevention initiatives identified by the NCNCAPP include:
· Substance abuse prevention through supply reduction (multi-jurisdictional drug task force activity)
· Expansion of Victim Assistance Services.
· Development of a domestic violence shelter.
· Expansion of case management and counseling services to crime victims
· Alternatives to confinement for pre-adjudicated juvenile offenders (electronic monitoring).
· State of the Art care for child victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and drug exposure
· Expansion of domestic violence prevention and support activities.
The Minnechaduza Foundation has responded to these priorities by submitting grant applications to funders expressing an interest in supporting these activities. Please contact us if you’d like more details on any of these initiatives. If you’d like to make a gift of money or time, it would be greatly appreciated.
North Central Nebraska Child Abuse Prevention Project (NCNCAPP)
What it is: A four-county child abuse prevention council in North Central Nebraska, planning strategies to keep kids safe and healthy.